Tracking Script Installation
To install the dynamic tracking script:
Using Google Tag Manager:
- Add the included tracking script into Google Tag Manager (GTM) using this link for a step by
- Set the script to run on every page.
Direct to the website:
- Add the included tracking script to the <head> section of the website. This will ensure the
dynamic numbers switch across faster.
- Here are options for directly inserting the script
- In WordPress Appearance => Theme file editor . Choose header.php file to insert your script onto the website.
- Use WordPress plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/ to insert the script into the header.
- Login into the website ftp and go to the following directory to insert the script: wp-contents/themes/your theme folder name /header.php file.
The core functionality of Google Analytics Classic is already configured to send data. Please note: to receive accurate tracking data, the tracking script should only be installed on the website or landing page nominated by your customer application.
Leave a Reply